What is HOA scheme?
HOA scheme is a building or collection of buildings in which individuals each own a small part (lot), but where there is also common property which every owner shares ownership of – such as driveways, external walls and swimming pools.
What is the role of the HOA manager?
HOA manager carries out some or all of the functions, duties or powers of the owner’s corporation or body corporate in administering and maintaining a HOA scheme or community title. These tasks include secretariat and administration, arranging insurance, organizing maintenance works, maintaining financial records and bank accounts, administer the HOA’s sinking fund, advising on by-law and legal matters. In the Kingdom of Bahrain needs be licensed by RERA.
What kind of properties do you manage and how long have you been in the business?
BCS has been in the GCC and in Bahrain for over 10 years, it manages all property types, including residential, industrial, commercial, retail, and mixed used projects.
My building wants assistance with HOA management – how do we get started?
Contact your local BCS branch and one of our experienced staff will arrange to meet to discuss your particular needs. They will then issue you with a quote for consideration by your committee. We are able to tailor our services specifically to each plan, and can accommodate properties and communities of every size.
What is a levy?
A levy is a contribution that all owners must pay (usually quarterly), which is pooled and covers the administrative expenses of maintaining and managing the HOA or community title scheme, and also covers future works that may be required.
Can I have a pet in my apartment?
The keeping of animals is dictated by the by-laws applicable in each state and to each plan. Generally, an owner or occupier must not keep an animal unless written permission is obtained from the owners corporation who are obligated not to unreasonably refuse such a request.
When can I use a proxy to have my say?
A proxy is where you authorize someone else to vote on your behalf when you are unable, or choose not to, attend a meeting. Use the prescribed Proxy Form, which will accompany the notice of meeting.
What is a quorum?
In Bahrain quorum is over 50% of the Lot Entitlement present or represented at a meeting.
What is a HOA Manager?
- HOA Manager is hired by the Owners Association.
- HOA Manager is the representative of the Owners Association.
- Reports to the Owner Association, manages and advises the Owners Council on the everyday running of the building/gated community as a whole.
- HOA Manager is responsible for the appointment of service providers to the Owners Association e.g. facility manager, insurance providers and all trades and services to the building as required.
- HOA Manager is responsible for the appointment of a quotative surveyor to prepare a sinking fund plan for future major asset replacement.
- Issues HOA Certificates for each property, this may be required by sellers, buyers, financiers, attorneys and Governmental departments. This certificate shows the current financial status of each apartment/dwelling within the gated community.
- Act as Secretary and Treasurer of the Executive Committee of the Owners Association and exercise and perform the powers and duties of those office bearers imposed by the Constitution.
- Arrange in the name of and as required by the Owners Association normal day to day maintenance, repair and replacement of the common property and personal property vested in the Owners Association.
- Arrange and attend the Annual General Meeting or one other meeting (either General or Executive Committee) during any yearly period.
- Act (on request by, or in the absence of, the Chairperson) as Chairperson of any meeting of the Owners Association or its Executive Committee.
- Ensure that all building, public and professional liabilities insurances are affected and promptly renewed in accordance with the Constitution.
- Keep any wage, income or other records required by law from time to time for any employees or contractors of the Owners Association and arrange for completion and submission of required returns.
- Disburse moneys in accordance with the constitution and the terms of the agreement.
- Maintain the records of the Owners Association required by law.
- Prepare as necessary budgets and reports and keep all records necessary to facilitate such preparation.
- Provide, so far as is reasonable, general advice and assistance to the Owners Association and the members of its Executive Committee.
- Have possession of and care for the records and documents of the Owners Association.
- Implement credit control procedures for contributions and advise regarding recovery.
- Have custody of the common seal and attest its affixation for the purpose of exercising or performing any of the function delegated by the Owners Association.
- Ensure that all residents (whether owners or tenants) adhere to the Owners Association by-laws. All tenants must sign these by-laws prior to living in the gated community.
At BCS our focus is to provide unparalleled service to clients that require assistance with property management services. We have the experience, tools, processes and relationships to help Investment Property Owners achieve their financial goals by implementing a personalized, consultative transaction/ project specific approach. We provide our clients with a special single point of contact service.
The experts agree that during these challenging financial times, property owners should work with the most talented and knowledgeable management firms in the industry. Do not trust one of your biggest investments to unproven, inexperienced, or high volume/low service property management companies. Our residential services are focused solely on you and your properties. We know how important it is to keep your assets properly maintained and occupied. Your satisfaction is our guarantee. Summarized below are just samplings of the services offered.
What is Facility Management?
Facility management is the management of buildings and services. The services are sometimes considered to be divided into “hard services” and “soft services”; hard services include such things as ensuring that a building’s air conditioning is operating efficiently, reliably, safely and legally; soft services includes such things as ensuring that the building is cleaned properly and regularly or monitoring the performance of contractors – such contractors include builders, electricians, cleaners…etc. It is the role of facility management to ensure that everything is available and operating properly for building occupants to do their work.
Facility Managers serve two parties: the client (user) and the owner. The facility manager generally represents the owner of the facility, however the manager has to address the requirements of both parties, which include:
- Minimal disruption to their operations
· A safe working environment for staff and customers
· An efficient response to their problems
· Keeping costs down
What is a Facility Manager?
- Is usually appointed by the HOA Manger.
- In charge of all repairs e.g. pluming, lifts, cooling towers, pools etc.
- Liaise with HOA manger to prepare annual accounts.
- Seek advice on any major expenditure required through the HOA Manager as the representative of the Owners Association.
What is a Property Manager?
- Usually is hired by an individual apartment/dwelling owner in the building to manage and maintain their investment property.
- Rent the apartment / dwelling to third parties.
- Collects rents and fee appraisals.
- Arrange to inspect the apartment/dwelling on behalf of the owners.
- Coordinate any repair or maintenance with the HOA Manager.
What is a Real Estate Agent / Broker?
- Preparation of sales contract for sale of property along with current copy of insurance certificate of the development supplied by the HOA Manager.
- Market properties on behalf of owners to affect sale of there villa or apartment.
- Coordinate with HOA manger to insure levies are paid in full prior to marketing the properties.
- Arrange inspection of all books and records for any potential purchaser of the Owners Association records through the HOA Manager
Leasing & Property Management Services:
- Receipt of Rent – Variety of Payment Options Available to Tenants
- Processing for Payment of Property Expenses with No Reserves from Owner Required
- Detailed Monthly Owner Statements with any Repair Receipts Attached
- Private/Scheduled Showings
- Marketing support – Properties managed by BCS feature in the most sort after property listing websites
- Tenant Lease Compliance and associated Correspondence
- Receive/Act Upon Tenant Service Requests
- Periodic inspections & Drive-By Monitoring
- Advertisement and Promotion of Properties on social media and realty websites
- Variety of Offerings including Full Management or Tenant Placement
- Low Cost A-La-Carte Services including Lease Extensions and Contract Compliance
- Tenant Turnovers
- Lease Disputes/Administrative Inquiries
- Maintenance of Tenant Lease Files/Information
- Maintenance Expenses/Authority to Repair/Reserves
- Coordination of Legal Issues (i.e., Tenant Defaults/Disputes)
- Keys and Security Deposit